‘Just as a candle cannot burn without fire. Men cannot live without a spiritual life’ – Buddha
Positive Ways defines spirituality as the pragmatic way in which you bring purpose and meaning into your every day life.
The spiritual life forms an essential component to happiness, life satisfaction, and even physical and mental wellbeing. It forms a domain in its own right, alongside the more familiar focuses on physical, mental, emotional, and social life.
Within this workshop, Emma and Keith will introduce their concepts of soul and spirituality, and discuss ways in which we can all pragmatically express their spirituality. We have our own beliefs, but will encourage you to discover your own. We advocate personal autonomy, and there are no rules as to what might work for you.
You will learn about and put into effect:
- Understanding what spirituality means to you
- The process of pause and reflection
- Discovering what gives you meaning and purpose
- Integrating pragmatic spirituality into your life
- Understanding the cyclical nature of life which calls for growth, pause, and reflection at different times, in different areas
- How to trust yourself
In our work, we support the integration and flow of living mindfully and spiritually within our every day lives, rather than viewing it as an ‘add-on’ feature, requiring special planning and separate activities.