Anxiety is a natural gift, which is innate within us. It aids our survival by helping us to plan sensibly for the future and stop us from taking foolhardy risks. However, excessive anxiety can result in chronic physical, emotional, and mental illness, as well as affecting our social life and relationships in a damaging way.
Symptoms of being overly anxious include: Excessive fears, Debilitating worry, Panic Attacks, Phobias, and Obsessive Compulsive Disorders. Some sufferers might even experience Post traumatic Stress reactions like disturbed sleep, nightmares, intolerance, and a short fuse.
In this workshop you will:
- Gain an understanding of the physical sensations and emotions you feel when suffering with anxiety
- Understand how unhelpful thinking patterns can exacerbate anxiety symptoms and learn how to create more balanced thinking
- Learn how to get calm, stay calm, and build effective methods of intervention
- Look at the web of your life and understand where there might be unmet need
- Learn how to engage your own resources, change your patterns, and build coping responses, by creating a step by step plan for your recovery
As with all of our workshops, Living without Anxiety, is suitable for those who experience anxiety, as well as those who care for others with anxiety. The workshop can be used as the start of a more in depth journey of self discovery and success building in your life and/or work.